Disclaimer, terms and conditions applicable for all services provided by the FCB are subject to those listed below:
1. The Fiqh Council Birmingham (FCB) is a progressive Muslim faith based organisation which promotes fundamental British values and offers its services to the Muslim and wider communities without prejudice or discrimination irrespective of creed, colour, gender, race etc. The services provided by the FCB deal with religious matters from the perspective of the Islamic faith including; Islamic marital arbitration, Interfaith relations and general Islamic guidance via its Fatwa service and on-line articles section.
2. The FCB fully endeavours to provide its service in good faith and bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on any information, advice, guidance or any service provided by the FCB at any time, and is hereby exempted from any loss, harm or damage howsoever caused, whether directly or indirectly and whether it is a financial loss or otherwise. Any service or information provided and or opinion expressed by the FCB at any time, whether spoken or written in any format, including but not restricted to paper documents, website and email, is without obligation and on the understanding that any person who acts upon it or otherwise changes their position in reliance thereon, does so voluntarily and entirely at their own discretion and risk.
3. The FCB provides guidance, answers and general information pertaining to the Islamic faith. Thereafter, as appropriate, some questions and answers may be placed for public view on the FCB website for educational purposes. However, often these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. The FCB bears no responsibility with regards to these questions, answers or any other general information provided by the FCB being used out of its intended context and or purpose.
4. Any guidance, answer, ruling and or information generally provided by the FCB may not be used as evidence in any court of law, tribunal etc. without prior written authorisation of the FCB. Any link provided on the FCB website, email, document and the like is restricted to the specific material being cited and is provided in good faith and for information only, such referencing, should not be taken as an endorsement of any content of that website etc. FCB disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any third party website.
5. All fatwas, rulings, documents, certificates etc. provided by the FCB in any format, whether printed or electronic including via the website, are and remain at all times, the exclusive property of the FCB and under copyright, and may not be published and or reproduced in any format at any time and in any location, without prior written authorisation from the FCB.
6. The information, guidance, advice etc. provided by the FCB by any means of communication containing any expression of opinion, has been obtained from or is based upon sources believed by the FCB to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed with regards to accuracy and or completeness.
7. The FCB is a not-for-profit organisation registered as a company limited by guarantee (FCB Limited, company no.09451838) which is committed to serving the religious needs of the Muslim community and the wider society wherever possible and appropriate. However the FCB has a duty of care in safeguarding all those who are deemed to be at risk of harm. The personal safety of FCB clientele and that of their families is paramount. The FCB advises all applicants and respondents for marital arbitration, and the user of any other FCB service generally, that if they have any concerns regarding their own or anyone else's physical and or psychological well-being and safety, especially with regards to children, they should contact the relevant authorities in this regard, such as the Social Services, Police etc. Also in order to safeguard its users, the FCB will refer all cases it deems necessary to the relevant authorities.
8. Any service, information, ruling, certification, advice and guidance provided by the FCB whether oral or written is solely from the perspective of the Islamic faith, based on the Qur'an and Sunnah, as understood by the recognised schools of thought and interpreted by the FCB. For matters pertaining to English law, the FCB advises individuals to refer to a solicitor and or the relevant authorities.
9. The FCB seeks to offer its services, including mediation and arbitration within the broad principles of the Arbitration Act 1996, to help individuals live according to their Islamic faith as responsible law abiding citizens. It has a strict policy of treating all applicants fairly and without prejudice or discrimination.
10. All courses and training provided by the FCB are in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined on the course advertisement poster and FCB website. The admittance to a given course is subject to the FCB panel's assessment of the candidates suitability. Once a candidate has been accepted on to the course, attendance for each session timetabled is required and any absence must be reported in writing via email to the FCB at least 48 hours in advance of the absence. The fee payable for the term is not affected by any absence of the candidate. All termly fees must be paid before attendance of any class in that term. The course registration of the candidate may be terminated due to a lack of attendance or inappropriate attitude and behaviour of the candidate at any anytime, determined at the descretion of the FCB and the fee returned for that term according to the proportion of the term which has expired e.g. if half the term has expired half the fee will be returned.
11. The FCB reserves the right to update, review, amend and change its procedures, policies, terms and conditions for any of its services, at any time and at its discretion and thus the definitive view of the FCB on any policy, procedure etc will only be that which is formally confirmed in writing by the FCB, as being the current and most up to date.